Arcadia/DPT Tuition, Billing, and Financial Aid FAQs

Tuition and Billing

How much does the DPT program cost?
Tuition is set at a packaged price per semester. Current tuition rates can be found on the Arcadia Tuition and Fees for Graduate Students page. Tuition for the length of the program is set at the time of admission.

Are there additional fees assessed on top of tuition?
Yes, there are additional fees charged each semester, including a $50-per-semester graduate fee and $100-per-semester technology fee. Review the list of tuition and fees on the Arcadia Tuition and Fees for Graduate Students page.

Students in the DPT program will incur one-time expenses for PT supplies (approximately $140), which will be automatically charged to the student’s account and delivered to the students in the first on-campus immersion. Required texts are estimated at $250, and there will also be an $85 charge to the students’ accounts for mandatory licensure preparation materials in the 2nd year of the program. You will also incur expenses for required medical screens  (the cost of which does not include the physician appointment, titers, or potential boosters/additional tests, and is dependent on the student’s insurance) and background checks. The average cost to date of these medical screens and background checks has been in the range of $161. There may be additional screens and checks required based on the specific requirements of the clinical sites in which a student is placed.These items will not appear on the tuition bill.

Students are also responsible for all travel costs associated with the in-person immersions and clinical education experiences required to complete the program (including lodging, parking, and meals). There are eight (8) immersion weeks, averaging a total of 63 days on campus. Health insurance coverage is required during the program, and can be purchased through the University at approximately $2,130 per year.

Lastly, additional expenses may be incurred if students are required to obtain access to equipment such as treatment tables, canes, walkers, or wheelchairs.

Please note that all fees and expenses are subject to change.

Can any fees be waived for hybrid students?
Arcadia University requires that every full-time undergraduate and graduate student has health insurance and charges the cost of the university health insurance plan to student accounts. The 2020–2021 insurance premium for graduate students is $2,989.00 for 12 months of coverage.

This charge can only be reversed by completing the online waiver form. To waive or enroll in the University student health insurance plan, please visit RDM& D Health, select “Arcadia University – Graduate Health Program” from the drop-down menu, click on the “Enroll Now” or “Waive Your School’s Insurance” tab, and follow the instructions. If you waive the University health insurance plan, the premium charge will be removed from your bill within 10 business days. If there are any problems with enrollment or the waiver process, please contact the University’s student health insurance broker, RCM&D, at 800-346-4075, ext 1452, to speak with Timothy Cummons. Mr. Cummons may also be reached via email at Student Health Services does NOT answer questions/issues that are associated with RCM&D,, or the enrollment or waiver process.

Please note that all students will be required to provide a copy (front and back) of their insurance card if they waive out of the university insurance plan.

You will receive an email from our provider with instructions on how to provide proof of other insurance coverage.

How much is the enrollment deposit, and when is it due?
There is a $1,500 nonrefundable enrollment deposit due once admitted. The enrollment deposit must be paid within two weeks of being admitted, but no earlier than Jan. 15, to secure your place in the class.

Can I use financial aid to cover the deposit?
No, federal student aid cannot be used to pay the deposit.

Will I be able to view my award package before submitting the deposit?
If you are a US citizen or permanent resident and have not defaulted on any previous student loans or reached your maximum aggregate loan limit, you will be eligible for the $20,500 maximum in Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan.  You should follow the steps outlined on Arcadia’s website to apply for the funds. You will not receive an initial award letter; rather, you will be notified via your Arcadia student account when the aid is processed.

Additional funds for remaining tuition as well as living expenses can be obtained from either a Federal Graduate PLUS Loan or a private, alternative loan. Both the federal government and private lenders run a credit check and inform you at the time of application if you qualify for the loan. Learn more about principal differences between Federal Direct (FD) Grad PLUS and Private Alternative Loans here.

When will I receive a tuition bill, and when is payment due?
Students are billed in advance for each semester. Student accounts are expected to be paid in full on or before the date due indicated on the bill.

Tuition Due Dates
Fall Semester: Aug. 1
Spring Semester: Dec. 15

Summer: May 10 (or two weeks following eBill posting)

Monthly bills are sent out around the 10th of the month for the previous month’s activity or unpaid balances. They are due to be paid the first day of the following month. For questions regarding your bill, please contact the Bursar’s Office at 215-517-2330 or

How do I view my bill?
All invoices are electronic and accessible online. You will be notified via your Arcadia email when your bill is ready to view. The email notice will provide a link and instructions for accessing Arcadia’s secure eBill website, where you can view your invoice and make a payment on your account balance.

What are the accepted forms of payment?

  • Payments can be made online via credit card or electronic check.
  • If payment is made online, debit card or direct debit to a checking or savings account can also be used.
  • If payment is made by paper check, 10 business days are needed for the check to clear and for the hold to be removed.
  • If payment is made by credit card, debit card, or direct debit to a checking or savings account, the hold will be removed by the following day.

How does my employer go about paying the school?
Employers can make payments directly to the school by sending us a check and noting who they are paying for. Students who receive tuition reimbursement from their employers can apply for participation in the Employer Reimbursement Payment Agreement (ERPA). Under this plan, the employer’s portion of tuition is due two weeks after grades are mailed, thereby allowing students to apply the employer’s reimbursement to the semester during which the work was done. The ERPA form is available online.

Are payment plan options available for hybrid students?
Arcadia University offers two payment plan options for currently enrolled as well as new, incoming graduate students. Option 1 is a 10-month, interest-free plan that begins on June 1 for the upcoming fall and spring semesters. Option 2 is a five-month, interest-free single semester payment plan beginning on July 1 for the fall semester or Nov. 1 for the spring semester. There is a $50 fee due at the time of registration for each of the plans. Payment plans are created via the student’s Self-Service account (accessed through MyArcadia) or the eBill/ePay online gateway.

What are the consequences if my tuition bill is not paid when classes begin?
Student accounts more than 30 days past due will be charged a $50 late fee. Student accounts more than 60 days past due will be subject to a monthly finance charge equal to 1 percent of the past due balance. Students with accounts 90 days past due will not be permitted to participate in extracurricular activities, register for future classes, participate at graduation, or receive current grades or academic transcripts. Students with accounts 120 days past due may be dismissed from the University. Students with accounts 180 days past due may be placed with a collection agency and listed with a credit bureau. Additionally, these students will be responsible for all finance charges assessed to their account, all costs associated with placing their account with a collection service, and all costs of litigation.

If I’m eligible to receive a refund, what is the process?
Details on the refund process are listed on the Student Refunds page.

Who can I contact at Arcadia for billing and payment questions?
Bursar’s Office

Mailing Address:
Arcadia University, Office of Student Accounts, 450 S. Easton Road, Glenside, PA 19038

Arcadia University Student Site/Account Setup

What is my Arcadia user account?
Once a student makes a deposit to Arcadia, they are given an account login that will provide access to MyArcadia. MyArcadia is an internal Arcadia University site where you can access everything from email to news feeds to notifications.

How do I get my login credentials?
Use the username and instructions the Arcadia IT Helpdesk sent you to log in to MyArcadia. If you have any difficulties, contact IT User Support at or 215-572-2898.

When can I get access to my MyArcadia?
You can get access to MyArcadia after submitting your enrollment deposit. Once your deposit is logged into Arcadia’s systems, an email with your account credentials (including your email address) and instructions for initial setup are sent to you by the Arcadia IT Helpdesk.

How do I set up my Arcadia University email address?
You will have access to your Arcadia University email address after you complete your initial account setup in MyArcadia. You’ll receive all official communications through your Arcadia email account. To access your account, log in to MyArcadia.

What is the Arcadia University Financial Aid Portal?
Accepted and current students can use the portal to:

  • View a list of documents we’ve received from you and a list of the documents still outstanding
  • View your financial aid awards
  • View your federal student loan history
  • Check the status of your student loans for the current year

You must have a financial aid record already established at Arcadia University in order to use this system. Students accepted for admission and current students will have a Financial Aid Portal record. Students who meet those criteria can create a portal account at Arcadia University Financial Aid Portal:

  1. Visit Arcadia’s University Financial Aid Portal.
  2. Click on the “First Time User” link (below the Login box).
  3. Create your PIN and answer the challenge questions.
  4. Log in to the portal using your Social Security number as your Student ID and your newly created PIN.
  5. In the event that you receive an error, please email us at with your name, address, and date of birth, and we will reset your portal PIN.

Financial Aid at Arcadia University

Does Arcadia offer internal scholarships to hybrid students?
We encourage you to research funding sources through the APTA (American Physical Therapy Association) and Online Physical Therapy Programs websites.

Are there Arcadia University–specific supplemental financial aid forms I need to complete?
Please complete and submit the Arcadia University Graduate Financial Aid Form and the Graduate Stafford Loan Request Form. Assuming you are eligible, the amount of aid you requested will be reflected on your award letter.

What federal student aid is available to graduate students?
The types of federal student aid graduate students are eligible to apply for include the Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan and the Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan. Learn more about the types of federal student aid.

If you apply for federal student aid, you will need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If aid is granted, you must then complete entrance counseling and electronically sign the Loan Agreement Master Promissory Note (MPN) in order for your loans to disburse. Complete loan counseling on the Federal Student Aid website. You will need to complete an additional application and Loan Agreement MPN when applying for the Direct Graduate PLUS Loan.

Why are graduate students not eligible for the Federal Pell Grant or the Federal Subsidized Loan?
The Department of Education awards Federal Pell Grants and Direct Subsidized Loans to eligible undergraduate students who demonstrate financial need and have not yet completed their bachelor’s degrees. The Department of Education does not evaluate need or income for loans at the graduate or professional level. Therefore, graduate students are not eligible for the Federal Pell Grant nor the Direct Subsidized Loan.

Are there academic requirements I must meet to receive federal student aid?
If you are a matriculating graduate student (accepted into a degree or certificate program) and are taking at least 6 credits per semester, regardless of your financial need, you can apply for a Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan.

In addition to filing the FAFSA each year, and completing the Arcadia Financial Aid Application, you must meet certain academic progress standards for financial aid renewal. For more information, visit Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy for Graduates.

How can I access the Arcadia University Financial Aid Portal?
A student does not need an Arcadia account to access the financial aid portal; they just need to have a record in our financial aid system.

When will I receive my financial aid award?
Students do not receive an up-front financial aid package. Once you have made the decision to enroll at Arcadia University and have completed the required financial aid documents, student loans are processed on a rolling basis.

At Arcadia, you will request the funds that you desire to use through the directions, visit the Aid Options and How to Apply page. We will process your request, within federal guidelines, on a rolling basis.

Does my Direct Loan eligibility cover the entire cost of the program?
You are eligible to receive up to $20,500 with the Direct Unsubsidized Loan. Students who are interested in using aid in addition to the $20,500 need to apply and be approved for either the Direct Graduate PLUS Loan or a private alternative loan.

How soon will loans disburse to my student account?
Loans typically disburse to student accounts no earlier than 10 days before the semester starts, provided the student is registered at least half-time for the upcoming semester and all financial aid requirements have been met.

Can I use loans to cover additional expenses such as living expenses, books, supplies, etc.?
The total cost of attendance (COA) for the academic year includes expenses including but not limited to tuition, fees, books, transportation, and living expenses. If there is eligibility for additional loan funds based on the COA, you are able to use those resources to cover expenses such as books, supplies, and other miscellaneous expenses.

There are on-campus immersions required for this program. Can I use loan funds to cover these expenses?
If you have a surplus credit from your loans, you may use those funds to cover expenses associated with your immersions.

Who can I contact at Arcadia University for financial aid questions?
If you have any questions about tuition and financial aid at Arcadia University, please email: You may also call:
877-ARCADIA (877-272-2342)
215-572-4049 (fax)
Hours: Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.

Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

What is the FAFSA?
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the application the Department of Education uses to determine if you are eligible to receive federal student aid.

Where can I find the FAFSA?
The FAFSA is available on the Federal Student Aid. The FAFSA is a free application; you will not be asked to pay.

What is the Arcadia University FAFSA school code?
The Arcadia FAFSA school code is 003235.

Do I need my parents’ tax information to complete the FAFSA?
No, if you are applying for graduate school, you are considered an independent student and do not need to include your parents’ information to complete the FAFSA.

What is the Expected Family Contribution (EFC)?
The Expected Family Contribution (EFC) is a measurement of your ability to contribute toward your educational costs. As a graduate/professional student, your EFC is not a factor in your eligibility for federal student loans.

When should I complete the FAFSA?

The FAFSA is available October 1st for the upcoming academic year. New students planning to use federal student aid should complete the FAFSA while applying for admission; you do not need to wait until you are admitted.

Continuing students will need to submit a FAFSA each year they plan to receive federal student aid. Eligibility for federal student aid does not carry over from one award year to the next, you will need to complete the FAFSA for each award year for which you are or plan to enroll.

Please reference the chart below to determine which FAFSA academic year to complete based on your desired start, continue/return date:

StartTermFAFSA Year
August 2023

Do I need to complete the FAFSA each year?
Yes. Because eligibility for federal student aid does not carry over from one award year to the next, you will need to complete the FAFSA for each award year for which you are or plan to be a student.

What constitutes an academic year for federal student aid?
An academic year is the year for which financial aid is used to fund your education. Generally, this is the 12-month period that begins on July 1 of one year and ends on June 30 of the following year.

Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan

What is the Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan?
The Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan is a federal loan offered to students to help with the cost of education. It is not based on income or financial need.

What criteria is used to determine eligibility for federal student aid?
The Direct Unsubsidized Loan is not based on income. In order to apply for federal student aid, you must:

  • Be a U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen
  • Have a valid Social Security number (SSN)
  • Be registered with Selective Service if you are male (you must register between the ages of 18 and 25)
  • Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment in an eligible degree program
  • Be enrolled at least half-time in an eligible program
  • Maintain satisfactory academic progress
  • Not currently be in default on previous student loans borrowed through FSA
  • Not have exceeded the maximum aggregate loan limit

Learn more about federal student aid eligibility criteria on the Federal Student Aid website.

What is the aggregate loan limit?
The aggregate loan limit is the total amount that you may borrow in federal student loans for undergraduate and graduate study. In addition to borrowing limitations based on the cost of attendance for the program, students are also limited in terms of lifetime borrowing. The maximum aggregate loan limit for federal loans is $138,500. This amount does not include PLUS loans, nor private loans.

If the total loan amount you receive over the course of your education reaches the aggregate loan limit, you are not eligible to receive additional loans. However, if you repay some of your loans to bring your outstanding loan debt below the aggregate loan limit, you could then borrow again, up to the amount of your remaining eligibility under the aggregate loan limit. You can learn more about graduate annual loan limits on the Federal Student Aid website.

How do I find out if I am near my aggregate loan limit or have defaulted on a federal student loan?
Log in on the homepage to view your federal student loan borrowing history and loan servicer details. Please note that private education loans are not listed on this site. Students in default are not eligible for additional federal loans. Contact your lender for default resolution options.

What is the difference between a Direct Unsubsidized Loan and a Direct Subsidized Loan?
Direct Subsidized Loans are available to undergraduate students with financial need. The U.S. Department of Education pays the interest on subsidized loans while students are enrolled in their undergraduate program. The Direct Unsubsidized Loan is available to undergraduate and graduate students and does not require demonstration of financial need. The Unsubsidized Loan begins accruing interest as soon as funds are disbursed. Learn more about the difference between unsubsidized and subsidized loans.

How much am I eligible for with the Direct Unsubsidized Loan?
Most graduate-level students are potentially eligible to receive up to $20,500 per academic year from the Direct Unsubsidized Loan. Learn more about graduate annual loan limits.

How do I apply for the Direct Unsubsidized Loan?
To apply for the Direct Unsubsidized Loan, you must complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

What is the current Direct Unsubsidized Loan interest rate?
The Direct Unsubsidized Loan interest rate is determined on an annual basis. Learn more about interest rates on the Federal Student Aid website.

Are there any additional loan fees for the Direct Unsubsidized Loan?
There is a loan origination fee that is a percentage of the total loan amount. The loan origination fee is deducted proportionately from each loan disbursement you receive. Information on Unsubsidized Loan origination fees can be found on the Interest Rates and Fees page of the Federal Student Aid website.

Additional Loan Options

Are there other loan options in addition to the Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan?
Additional loans are available through either the Federal Direct Graduate PLUS program or private educational lenders. Lenders may offer borrower benefits to potentially reduce the overall cost of the loan to you. Doing research in advance could save you money both during school and through repayment. Private education loans, also known as alternative loans, are offered by private lenders to help students bridge the gap between the cost of education and the amount the government allows you to borrow in federal loans. Lenders offer private education loans with different rates, fees, repayment terms, and approval requirements.

How much can I borrow in addition to the Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan?
If approved for the Grad PLUS Loan or a private education loan, you may be able to borrow up to the cost of attendance as determined by Arcadia University.

How do I apply for the Direct Graduate PLUS Loan?
In order to apply for the Direct Graduate PLUS Loan, you must first complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Once you have completed the FAFSA, apply for the Direct Graduate PLUS Loan by completing the credit application on the Federal Direct GradPLUS Pre-Approval Request. If approved, complete the Graduate PLUS Loan Agreement Master Promissory Note (MPN) on the Federal Student Aid website. PLEASE NOTE: You can apply for the Direct Graduate PLUS Loan within 180 days of the start of your program, or once you are enrolled.

How do I apply for a private education loan?
Alternative, private educational student loans, based on variable interest rates (prime and/or LIBOR rates) are available for matriculating students enrolled at least half-time if they qualify on the basis of credit. Credit-worthy co-signers may be required depending upon a borrower’s credit history. Compare some private loan options here.

Which loan is best for me?
Unsure which loan option works best for you? Check out our Grad PLUS vs. private alternative loan comparison chart here.

Loan Repayment

Do I have to repay my student loans while I’m in school?
You can defer payment on your federal student loans if you are enrolled at least half-time. You should be aware that although you can defer payments while you are in school, interest will still accrue on your loan(s).

Your Unsubsidized Loan will go into repayment six months after you graduate, fall below half-time status, take a leave of absence, or withdraw from the program. Most private loans also have deferred payment options while you are in school; however, you will need to check with your loan servicer.

When do I have to repay my loan?
After you graduate, leave school, or drop below half-time enrollment, you will have a six-month grace period before you are required to begin repayment. During this period, you’ll receive repayment information from your loan servicer, and you will be notified of your first payment due date. Payments are usually due monthly. You are not required to pay while in school; however, if you choose to, there is no penalty to prepay. Learn more about repayment timelines.

What are the repayment plan options, and how do I select one?
The Department of Education (DOE) offers multiple options for repayment. You may visit the DOE website for more information on loan repayment plans.

Is there a repayment calculator or estimator that I can use?
Yes, visit the DOE website for repayment calculators.

Can I consolidate my graduate loans and my undergraduate loans?
A Direct Consolidation Loan allows you to consolidate (combine) multiple federal education loans into one loan including both graduate and undergraduate loans. The result is a single monthly payment instead of multiple payments. Learn more about loan consolidation.

Are there any loan forgiveness options available?
In certain circumstances, all or a portion of a borrower’s federal student loans may be forgiven under the federal government’s loan forgiveness programs. Please review the Department of Education website for more information on federal loan forgiveness programs.

Military Education Benefits

How do I apply for military education benefits?
To begin the process of applying for military education benefits for which you are eligible, visit the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website and go to the Education and Training page. Questions regarding eligibility should be directed to the VA at 888-442-4551 or TTY 711.

What documents are required to process military education benefits?
Visit to complete the Education Benefits Application, which generates a request for a Certificate of Eligibility (COE). Once approved for benefits, the VA will mail the COE to you within six to eight weeks after you submit the application.

Acceptable verification of eligibility for VA education benefits includes:

  1. Certificate of Eligibility (Chapters 1606, 1607, 30, 33 [with or without Yellow Ribbon], 35), but not for Chapter 31 (Vocational Rehabilitation)
  2. Screen-print of eligibility from the student’s eBenefit account (excludes Chapter 31)
  3. Approved form 28-1905 each semester from the student’s counselor—Chapter 31 only

What are the eligibility factors for the Post-9/11 GI Bill?
You are potentially eligible if you have at least 90 days of aggregate active-duty service after Sept.10, 2001, and are still on active duty, or if you are an honorably discharged veteran or were discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. Learn more about the Post-9/11 GI Bill.

How are Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits calculated at Arcadia University?

  • Establish an account on the GI Bill website. GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by the VA is available at the official U.S. government website or by calling 888-442-4551.
    • If you are eligible for benefits, request a Certificate of Eligibility.
    • Once received, email or fax copies of the form to Arcadia University’s VA certifying official, Holly Kirkpatrick, registrar ( or fax 215-572-2126).
  • Speak with an Arcadia University admission counselor to review degree programs and cost. Some things to consider when choosing a degree program:
    • What are your educational goals?
    • How much of your educational benefits have you used already, and how much will you need to reach your academic goals? Service members should contact their Educational Services (ES) officers or counselor prior to registration to confirm the availability of tuition assistance funds.
    • How much will you need for living expenses?

What is the deadline to apply for VA education benefits?
You may submit your COE at any time; however, in order to receive your benefits in a timely manner, we encourage you to apply when you submit your admission application. Your COE will be processed upon receipt of your enrollment deposit.

How long will it take the VA to approve my benefits?
The VA usually processes claims within 30 days and will let you know by mail if more information is needed. A change in enrollment (for example, adding or dropping classes) or first-time enrollment at an institution may delay certification. Questions? Contact the VA at 888-GIBILL-1 (888-442-4551) from 7 a.m.–6 p.m. Central time, Monday–Friday. You can also communicate with the VA by submitting a question.

What are current rates of benefits, including the Monthly Housing Allowance (MHA)?
The tuition and fee payment rate and MHA are determined at the beginning of each military academic year on Aug. 1. The current rate table is located on the Education and Training page of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs site.

Because Arcadia University is a private university, students who receive Post-9/11 GI Billbenefits are subject to a maximum tuition and fee reimbursement per academic year (Aug. 1–July 31). The amount of the national cap changes each year on Aug. 1, and is available to be used from Aug. 1 to July 31 of the following year.

When VA benefits are calculated, the amount of this national cap must be expended before Yellow Ribbon Program benefits can be awarded.

How is my Post-9/11 GI Bill monthly housing allowance calculated?
Your Monthly Housing Allowance (MHA) is generally the same as the military Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) for an E-5 with dependents. Your MHA is calculated based on the ZIP code of the campus where the student physically attends the majority of classes, rather than the location of the institution of higher learning where the student is enrolled. This is applied to the first enrollment in an educational program on or after Aug. 1, 2019. MHA rate increases based on BAH increases are effective Aug. 1 (the beginning date of the academic year). Learn more about MHA increases or decreases.

What is the Yellow Ribbon Program (YRP)?
The Yellow Ribbon Program allows degree-granting private colleges and universities in the United States to voluntarily enter into an agreement with the VA to fund tuition expenses that exceed the annual maximum cap for the resident tuition and fees at public institutions. Veterans who are utilizing Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits and who are entitled to 100% of their benefit may be eligible. To participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program, you must be using Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits at 100% eligibility, not be on active duty, and not be a military spouse.

Does Arcadia University participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program (YRP)?
Yes, Arcadia University participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program. There is no limit to the number of awards available.

Who can I contact at Arcadia for questions about using military education benefits?
For questions about military education benefits, contact the Arcadia VA certifying official, Holly Kirkpatrick, at, and include “VA Education Benefit Question” in the subject line of the email. You may also call 215-572-4475.

Tax Benefits for Education

How do I qualify for a tuition tax credit?
For details on tax benefits for education, see IRS Publication 970: Tax Benefits for Education, which provides detailed information. Arcadia University is unable to provide tax advice. We urge you to call your tax adviser or the IRS (at800-829-1040), or visit the IRS website, if you have any questions regarding the American Opportunity or Lifetime Learning tax credits.

What is the 1098-T Form?
It is an informational form filed with the Internal Revenue Service to report the amounts billed to you for qualified tuition, related expenses, and other related information. The primary purpose of IRS Form 1098-T is to inform you that we have provided this required information to the IRS.

What information is included in the 1098-T Form?
Form 1098-T reports amounts paid for qualified tuition, scholarships, and grants, capped at the amount billed in that calendar year, for students enrolled in courses at Arcadia University for which they receive academic credit. The information reported on the 1098-T Form helps students evaluate whether they are eligible for an educational tax credit.

How do I obtain my 1098-T Form?
The form to claim the American Opportunity Tax Credit or the Lifetime Learning Credit (1098-T) is now available online at the General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) website. GDIT provides tax credit reporting services for Arcadia University students.

To retrieve your 1098-T electronically:

  • Launch a web browser and go to MAXIMUS TRA Service.
  • Click the “First Time Students” Button.
  • Enter your full first and last names and the last five digits of your Social Security number.
  • Click “Submit.”
  • If records are present for you, you will be instructed to create an account. Follow the instructions on the website to create a free account and retrieve your 1098-T. If records are not found for you or you have difficulty creating an account, use the “Help” link in the left menu.

If you do not retrieve your 1098-T electronically, one will be mailed to you. Paper 1098-Ts will not be mailed until Jan. 31 and may reach you sometime after that date. Be aware that you can get additional copies online in the future as well.

Please contact the GDIT Call Center at 800-223-0043 or the Arcadia Business Office at 267-620-4792 or with any questions. GDIT also provides useful information on education tax credits for eligible taxpayers.

Request Information